A big THANK YOU to my Executive Board, Attorney Nathaniel Charny,(Charny & Wheeler) and CSEA Inc.for the amazing job that led to an amazing victory! We won the Class Action against WMC for the astronomical increase in co pays and out of pocket expenses. The award letter from the arbitrator states “the Corporation shall make adversely affected employees whole by reimbursement of the costs in excess of five percent incurred by the employee because of the adopted plan design changes”
I will update with any information as I get it in regards to reimbursement.
Continue to remain UNION STRONG!!!
Susan Fontana, President CSEA Unit 9201
Just a quick update. The arbitrator has requested an additional 30 days before finalizing our case. The date is 3/15/18. We will keep you updated as soon as we have any information.
*****Tuition Reimbursement *****
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON ICARE ON THE BENEFITS PAGE UNDER “CSEA”
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION IS FEBRUARY 1
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING FOR TUITION REIMBURSEMENT IS MARCH 1
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE CSEA OFFICE AT
Wishing all of our CSEA members and their families a very Happy & Healthy Holiday Season. Wishing you good health, happiness, and success in the coming year as well.
CSEA Unit 9201 Executive Board
Susan Fontana, President
Alan Aronow, Vice President
Jim Mazzella, Secretary
Christina Lett, Treasurer
Our unit annually offers scholarships to children of members who are graduating high school, going on to college and fulfill application requirements. We are pleased to announce that last night we honored 9 awardees along with their parents/guardians at a lovely dinner at Casa Rina Restaurant. Congratulations to:
- Rebecca Abraham (daughter of OR Health Services’ Jessy Abraham)
- Brian Baccaglini (son of Clinical Lab’s Ed Baccaglini)
- Manju Behanan (daughter of Clinical Lab’s Behanan Mammen)
- Justin Castronuovo (son of Respiratory’s Joseph Castronuovo)
- Daniel Garelick (son of Social Work’s Deborah Garelick)
- Yousef Hammouda (son of Radiology’s Alaa Hammouda)
- David Margiotta (son of Facilities’ Dominick Margiotta)
- Jeanine Sealtiel (daughter of Clinical Lab’s Maria Sealtiel)
- Siddhi Shockey (daughter of Biomed’s Chand Tahilramani)
The current contract is available as a PDF. Look for “contract updates” above and click on contract 2016-18.